August 30th, 2020.
Dear WVBC Players and Parents,
The past few months has certainly been a challenging time for us all. Thankfully, in accordance with the BC Restart Plan, competitive sport is slowly beginning to return to our communities. With viaSport’s announcement that amateur sport in BC is now moving to the Progressively Loosen Phase, local sports clubs are now able to engage in modified games within sport cohorts. With this in mind, the WVBC is thrilled to be able to offer an 8-week Fall Program that will run between the months of September and November. Our number one priority still remains the safety of our participants including all athletes and coaches within our organization. Saying this, you will notice some changes to the format of this year’s WVBC Fall Program to ensure that everyone’s well-being is ensured.
To summarize, some specific changes to our Fall Program format include:
- Smaller camp size limited to 20 players (The equivalent of 3-4 players per hoop)
- Players are encouraged to bring their own basketball to limit sharing. Alternatively, they can choose to use a ball from the “Clean” ball bin and place it in the “Used” ball bin after the session ends. All balls are disinfected prior to the start of each session.
- A maximum of 3 coaches per camp to ensure the recommended camper/coach ratio of 6:1
- A focus will remain on individual skill development. Small sided competitive games will be slowly introduced under guidelines to limit contact ie. no screening, no posting up etc… Specific rules pertaining to game play will be in adherence to Basketball BC’s Return to Sport
- Reduced contact points including no spectators present in the gym
- Strict controls for those showing symptoms of COVID-19
- A primary screening for COVID-19 symptoms sent out to parents/ guardians prior to the start of camp
- A detailed waiver form that includes COVID-19 language
- Strict hygiene protocols on site including the regular use of hand sanitizer
Thank you so much for your patience and support. Like us, I am sure that your children are super excited to return to the court for more basketball this fall. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding our upcoming camps.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!